Keith and Lisa. Benson.Griffin.Leo.Mack

Keith and Lisa.  Benson.Griffin.Leo.Mack

December 4, 2009

The fourth day of Christmas . . .


This morning I went and got some visiting teaching done. My sweet little men came with me (they love to go because the people we visit bring out toys for them to play with). As we were finishing up our fun visit, I proceeded to sing the Clean-up song (ya know, clean up, clean up, everybody, everywhere) and Benson and Griffin picked up their trucks and airplanes and threw them in the toy bin. Then Benson proceeded to hug and kiss my companion and the lady we visit and thank them for coming (even though we were at someone else's house). In fact, he thanked them several times.

Which brings me to gift #4 . . . those magical words please and thank you. Oh how I love these words, especially when they come from the mouths of my little ones without being prompted or reminded. Benson is insanely polite (most of the time), graciously saying thank you to the cashier at the grocery store, excusing himself for letting out an unexpected burp :), saying you're welcome to Griffin after he begs for a toy.

Even Griffin has begun to catch on to the magic that follows the word please. I think he is aware of the result that comes from this simple word and now uses it often, along with an impatient jump up and down until his request has been granted. And I will be honest, if I ask Keith to take out the garbage with several pleading pleases, often it happens quickly and with a smile. Keith also knows this trick and uses it for a back rub or a drink or when asking the boys to take off his shoes and socks when he gets home from a looooong day of slaving away.


I am grateful for all kind words, not just please and thank you, although I think they are my favorite. Especially when the word "mom" is included. Mom is a good word too.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Wow. Your boys are so polite! You have taught them well Lisa! Good job, MOM*!:) I love to hear those words too. I started when my girls were young too and I think that is such a great thing to do. If they want something they always have to say, "May I please...." before I will get them a drink or whatever. It's so nice to hear!

Merced said...

Thank you!!!