Keith and Lisa. Benson.Griffin.Leo.Mack

Keith and Lisa.  Benson.Griffin.Leo.Mack

April 18, 2012

A visit to Spudsville

I like to go up to see my sisters and my parents in Idaho every few months.  I generally drive up there by myself (with three kiddos in tow) and then Keith will fly up for the weekend and come home with me.  Since Southwest stopped flying direct to Boise from here (WHAT?), that option isn't really here anymore. Unless Keith wants to use Skymiles or pay $300 for a Delta flight!!!

I did not let Keith's not being able to come stop me and decided to go anyway (even though I miss him really bad the whole time).  It had been a very long while since I had gone by myself and I was a tad nervous, but my boys are good travellers and we all survived.

We decided to visit while Wendy's kids would be on Spring Break so we could get as much playtime with the cousins as possible.  I swear I barely saw my older kids the whole time.  Aside from me getting sicker than I have in a really long time while there (therefore halting any plans to visit other cousins or friends, aka Shantay) we had fun.  We went and saw We Bought a Zoo at the cheap theatre.  While there, Griffin ran out of the movie in the last few minutes for a bathroom emergency and mooned all 400 people waiting in line for their movie to start.  It was awesome.  We took the kids to PoJo's and Wendy and I laughed our guts out while Sophie bawled like crazy on the bumper cars.  We shopped at Marshall's and I bought the cutest purse/diaper bag ever made and sunglasses for $4.  We had a glow in the dark Easter egg hunt and played "laser tag" and let the kids stay up way too late.  We let the older kids run wild and sat in the house and talked about how cute Leo is. Benson kicked Griffin in the privates one night-that was fun.  I swear we all needed a week's worth of sleep after we were there.  We sure had fun!

Eggs filled with glow sticks and candy!

So fun, except for it stays light in Boise sooooo late!

The cute kids opening their loot.  Leo, sadly was not invited to the part at midnight.


Sophie freaking out.  I wish we had a picture of Wendy and I laughing.

My Dad has a sweet hook-up with bouncy houses and gets one pretty much every time we come.  My parents' backyard is already the dream, but this pretty much makes my kids want to visit all the time and never leave.

It even had a sweet basketball hoop and fun grandparents included!

The slide was a huge hit!

We are always trying to take the perfect picture of the grandkids when they are all together, I think this one is pretty awesome!  Griffin is super photogenic!





We took lots with Grandma and Grandpa too- this one is my favorite.  I am totally going to be my parents' favorite daughter and blow up a bunch of these for them.  Thank goodness my husband prints stuff for a living right?

We sure missed our Dad but had a great trip!

I can't wait to go back and stay longer!  Have I mentioned my mom buys me whatever I want (which generally means food) while I am there?!  I am a lucky girl to have such a fun family.

2 comments:

K said...

FUN!!!!!!!!

Jake said...

I somehow missed this awesome post of your trip during spring break! We sure had loads of fun and man I was tired after you left. Love your guts:)