So called "Spring" is such an odd time of year. One day it is balmy-almost summerish and the next day it is snowy and windy and colder than December. It is amazing we survive all the teasing the Weatherman brings. Yet those warmish days seem to make it all worth it for me. And honestly, the few random snow flurries we have had in March have been welcomed by us, because it is really the only snow we have seen all winter.
One of the only snowy days we got in February, we decided to up hop to Keith's parents house and take our boys on a little sledding adventure (also we both wanted Tiny Spicy Chicken from our fav. Chinese place). I was certainly shocked at how brave the boys were (minus Leo, he was pretty wimpy). Benson went full on and loved every second of it. Griffin did not stop eating snow or sucking on his mittens for a minute, nay, second. It was oh so glorious.
 |
| Getting ready for the big excursion-Griffin in size 3T snow bibs (when he put them on, he said, "Hey I look like Mario!) and Benson in rain boots. I didn't exactly purchase snow gear this year and has it turns out, we didn't really need it! |
 |
| Griffin's good Grandma giving him a pull to the sledding hill (which happens to be a cemetery just next door). |
 |
| Keith slipped into his old farming carharts and looked like a real stud if you ask me. |
 |
| Benson's boots didn't do so well in the snow and he slipped a lot, but didn't complain about it once. He loved it and was really brave. |
 |
| Keith was his normal insane self, laying down in the middle of the sledding hill as a jump and acting crazy-please note Griffin is sucking his glove. He would literally grab snow while going down the hill and eat it. |
 |
| I even went a few times and left Leo to cry-the whole trip he bawled unless I was holding him. It was ridiculous. |
 |
| Mary and Maggie going for a ride on the saucer. We love that they live so close to Grandma and Grandpa! |
 |
| Sucking snow once again. |
 |
| Libby and I! I sure love those girls! |
 |
| Benson going crazy on the saucer. |
 |
| Again. |
 |
We sure had a fun time. But now we are ready for warm weather all of the time! Aren't you? |
1 comment:
I have to admit, I didn't really appreciate walking out of Stake Conference to a snowstorm yesterday. Nor did I appreciate the snow covering my yard this morning when I had to leave for work. Snow days should be exclusively for days you don't have to leave the house.
Post a Comment