Keith and Lisa. Benson.Griffin.Leo.Mack

Keith and Lisa.  Benson.Griffin.Leo.Mack

December 4, 2008

We have carpet!

Well, I cannot believe the day has finally arrived. We have carpet in our basement. Last night as I did some last minute painting and scraping in the basement, I got a little weepy knowing that our finishing basement days were over. It seemed pretty ridiculous, but we have put so much work into it and I actually never really thought we would get it finished. Yeah! We are done . . . well I guess we have to decorate it and stuff. I took the boys down (and Cali, a little friend of Benson's that I am watching for a few days) and Benson ran and screamed all over the place. He was so excited! I am too! I am so grateful for Keith and all of his "fixing and building skills" and really grateful for my parents who gave us some wrought iron fencing to help pay for some of the carpet. What a huge blessing! Thanks! Now we hope to get lots of visitors to come and stay in the basement.

By the way, Benson is not wearing any pants because we are in the process of potty training. It is by far the scariest thing I have had to do thus far as a mom. He is doing really well, I hope the progress continues. I think he gets the #1 part, but not so much with the #2. Pray for us!


2 comments:

Jake said...

holy buckets Lis, it looks awesome! I bet you are peeing your pants, I would be. Now comes all the decorating! Good luck.

Carolee said...

Hey Lisa, we have some friends of ours here in Egypt that are trying potty train their daughter and we babysit her once a week. I can get the idea of how you feel. It can be very difficult. But we make it into a fun thing with them. We joke around with them about it. So if you need a laugh we're here for ya. This little girl is never fully clothed when she's at home. We constantly have a bet between me and Josh on what she'll be or won't be wearing when we come over.