Keith and Lisa. Benson.Griffin.Leo.Mack

Keith and Lisa.  Benson.Griffin.Leo.Mack

December 16, 2008

30 Dollars!

Yesterday we bought our boys their BIG Christmas present. I have known for some time that I would like to get them an activity/train table and a train set. For anyone who has boys, you know that they put trains and trucks everywhere! Especially on things that are just their height, i.e. furniture, kitchen chairs, windowsills, toilets, bathtubs, beds, nightstands . . . you get the picture (maybe girls do this too, I wouldn't know). I have been looking all over (online) and Keith and I decided that we would like to get a nice one made out of real wood instead of a cheap one. Anyways, we decided on the train table from pottery barn kids, hence the reason for our FHE trip to Salt Lake. As I have shopped I have had several impressions to go to the DownEast Outfitters Home Store. I followed that impression last week and went to take a look. I got there just before closing time and they had a few, but they were all tall. I knew that wouldn't work, because Griffin is still so little and Benson isn't that big either. Anyways, so last night at PBK Keith suggested that perhaps we should see if they have a Downeast in SLC and they did. . . just down the street from where we were. So we went and found a beautiful Crate and Barrel kids activity table for 30 dollars. 30 dollars! 30 dollars! Can you believe it? We were expecting to spend quite a bit more than that and we were so excited to find this great deal. The whole way home I kept saying, "Keith, 30 dollars!"

Moral of the story: Heavenly Father is involved in all aspects of our lives. He loves us all so much and answered my prayer to help me find the perfect activity table for my kids' Christmas gift. There is no problem BIG or small that He can't help us with. It seems amazing to me that He would help me with such a small thing, but I am so grateful. It is a huge blessing for us to not spend very much money on the table. . .whew! Certainly feels like the windows of heaven opened . . .

Here's a link to the table we got for 30 dollars! (Minus the carts . . . can't find those ones yet)
http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=2008&f=3821&pc=1225

2 comments:

Jake said...

Holy Buckets that is a cute table. I can't believe you got it for $30.
Totally awesome. I love it when you find a great deal like that! Way to go.

Merced said...

Sweet deal! I'm happy to see you got what you wanted and for a great price. There is a PB furniture outlet in Texas, you would LOVE it.