Keith and Lisa. Benson.Griffin.Leo.Mack

Keith and Lisa.  Benson.Griffin.Leo.Mack

July 26, 2012

Everyone needs a Wendy

My sister Wendy came to stay with us for essentially the whole month of July.  She brought her kiddos (who else would have watched them?!) and we had a ball.  I love Wendy.  She could live in my house for eternity.  Really she could be attached to my hip and I don't think I would ever tire of her.  She is the world's best older sister and I could talk to her all day.  She laughs at my jokes, cleans up my messes and basically brightens up my life.  I love her kids too.  And my kids love her kids.  And they love her.  It is a win-win-win-win-win!  The only downside to her coming?  She had to leave.

While she was here, we actually didn't venture out too much.  One day we went to the Thanksgiving Point garden and laughed at Leo for being a wild man while the other children roamed around without adult supervision.  It was awesome.
We spent most of our time swimming and cooking delicious food at home.  The kids require no activities for entertainment.  Being together is simply enough.  Wendy and I are the same.

One night Keith treated us all to dinner at Sammy's and we ate until we almost puked.  It was awesome.  Leo drank fry sauce also.  That's good for a boy with an egg allergy right?  And I didn't take any pictures but Keith also took us out on a "sister wife" date to Magleby's.  My food was so good that I considered licking the plate.  We had fun on our little date without the kids.  I sure married a rad guy.

Wendy loves babies and babies love her.  Especially if she has a phone that plays music videos.

Leo loved snuggling on Wendy.

He didn't love either of us too much when we put this 6-9 month girls' swimsuit on him.  Too bad  no one at my house will ever wear this.

We went to a reservoir one day (the crappiest weather day I might add) and had fun relaxing and eating too much.  I am sensing a pattern.

Wendy's girls are super good helpers and I kept finding it odd that they wanted to help so much.  Haha.

Leo snoozing on the beach.  

Wendy was here to help me put on a baby shower for our sister Mari.  She decorated and I did the food.  I was so grateful for her help considering the fact that I am the world's worst decorator.

I love these kids.

Cute cousins watching a movie in the basement.  We pretty much avoided my basement the whole time she was here because it was a complete disaster.  The kids sure had fun though.

And we all ventured down to Vegas at the end of her stay to meet up with her hubby Jake and gain more weight.  And swim in the pool.  It was awesome.


Thanks for coming to visit.  Will you come back already?  I miss you.

4 comments:

K said...

Love you girls!!! :)

Jake said...

Love the post of our long vacation! We sure had so much fun!!! Thanks for letting us come and crash at your house for the month of July. We miss you terribly. I wish I could live next door, it would have made this summer that much easier. Love your guts!

Jake said...

P.S. the picture of Leo hamming it up for the camera at Thanksgiving Point made me laugh out loud....by myself. Also the picture of him in the girl bathing suit. He was pretty mad when we put that on him....hahaha.

Christy said...

You are hilarious Lisa! I love all your captions, they made me laugh out loud. I have been tempted at times too, to lick my plate at restaurants...someday I just might! ;)