1. I honestly started to think that my little Leo would never walk, especially since he just passed the 14 month mark without ever taking an unassisted step of his own. But alas, to prove me wrong, he took a few steps over the weekend. Perhaps he will walk after all.
2. Watching Leo push around a small truck whilst making an engine sound is the cutest thing I have ever seen.
3. I generally like to pretend that I am in control of my children. I will not even pretend with Leo, that kid owns me. Oh yeah, and I FINALLY took his bottle away. I guess he really isn't a baby anymore.
4. Buying my kids iPod Touches for Christmas was the best and worst thing we have ever done. Best = apps for keeping the Sabbath day holy (like one that plays church songs with a slideshow that my kids sing along to). Worst= my children are obsessed. Even Leo seems a tad perturbed that he didn't get one.
5 My parents are in Hawaii for the next two weeks and keep texting me pictures of paradise...and it's ticking me off.
6. On Saturday, we did nothing but watch 5 Harry Potter movies and not shower. I NEVER do this and it was awesome. And gross at the same time. We did eventually shower.
7. FFD (Friday Fun Day) has become the complete highlight of my week and now I feel like all the other days of a week are just a means to an end to get to Friday.
8. Teaching the Beehives (12-14 year old girls at church) is WAY harder than I thought it would be. I am seriously struggling with this one. Suggestions? I love the girls but am having a hard time connecting with them as I only teach them at church and don't go to weekly activities.
9. I want another baby, kind of. Actually most days I think three is great and I should stop now. I have always said I want lots of kids, but I am realizing more and more that three is a lot. How do people have six? Mostly the thought of getting pregnant again makes me sick.
10. My favorite hair blog is www.hdofblog.com. It has changed my hair life. For the first time in my life I am going days between washing my hair and it is the best thing that has ever happened to me.
11. Griffin is turning four on Friday. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry. He is oozing with cuteness right now and I am afraid it will go away the day he turns four.
12. Benson is old. Some days I think he is ready for kindergarten and other days I think he is not. Yesterday I looked at his elementary school's website and didn't cry or have a meltdown, so I think I am making progress.
| Friday Fun Day almost always includes a playplace in the winter. This is the boys' reward for enduring all the shopping. |
| This was the last picture I took in 2011. We are at a BYU basketball game. We missed Jimmer. |
| My favorite almost four-year-old. |
| Also on Friday Fun Day, we let the kiddos ride the ridiculous rides at the entrance of stores. The quarter was worth the smile. Oh yeah, and my kids almost always match. I know I have a problem. |
| They now ask if they can ride the "pig" at every store we go to. |
3 comments:
I SO feel your pain with the Young Womens issue! Except I teach the Laurels...and I go to ZERO activities! This is the 1st ward I have been in that does this...How are we supposed to get to know these girls and interact with them. I feel like we just seem like a boring, dumb, weird and Crazy lady up there trying to be funny and spiritual all at the same time! Idk what to do! I guess pray?! :)
Can you tell me the name of the sunday app you use for your ipods!? That would be awesome! Thanks and good luck!
I understand. lol, Lets get together soon. :)
You should totally have another baby...like soon. Because I am pregnant with our fourth and it would be fun if you had another one close to ours (not that we see each other all that often :))
Post a Comment