Keith and Lisa. Benson.Griffin.Leo.Mack

Keith and Lisa.  Benson.Griffin.Leo.Mack

August 28, 2011

So long sweet summer

I hate to say it but I am thinking by the school buses and bag packs that I have seen around lately, that summer is meeting its' end. I am devastated by this, although I love the Autumn like I love chocolate. Which is A Whole Lot. Thankfully, my eldest child is putting off his kinder-days for one more year. Phew. Pretty sure next year I will need lots of therapy. And I feel bad that I wished Summer off last year because my belly was filled with Leo. Anyhoo- on top of the carelessness of the season wisping by, I have also been running a Bed n Breakfast at my house for at least a month now (aka, non-stop visitors and houseguests). Oh yeah, and a newly adopted nephew. Needless to say, my allergies (hormones, mother problems) have caused some awesome behavior lately. Like bawling and needing some time out when Keith shaved the boys' heads instead of giving them a normal haircut. Seriously? I think there are better things to cry about. Although, since those boys are my world, I guess not. They still look pretty cute I guess.


I am always afraid that when Keith cuts Benson's hair that it will grow in darker. Oh how I adore his little white hair that feels like hay.


And my Griffey, who has sandy locks with white spots all over it. Just like his Dad. Natural highlights, that are of course fantastic in the summer months. Speaking of hair, mine is crazy long right now. Way longer than it has been in a loooong time. Like dating Keith long. I am still not sick of it, probably because reading sweet hair blogs is my latest obsesh.


Lucky for me, Baby Leo was asleep when the Barber got to work and I told him under no circumstances would we wake up my blond babe for a haircut.

But a few days later, Keith convinced me it was time for the Rooster tail to go, so Leo could someday have hay for hair like his brothers.

I actually think Leo quite enjoyed his little cut. He was way easier to cut than his brothers.


I am loving my mirror reflection in this picture, trying to get my little guy to smile. It didn't happen.


Poor little guy is hairless, but still white-haired. Thank goodness. And believe it or not, he is still adorable. And unlike his brother Benson, he has dark eyelashes. I hate that he looks so old now and can't wait for the hair to grow back. Keith assures me it will come back quickly. He better be right.


Oh summer, you have been good to us. We have enjoyed the sun kissed skin, bike riding, baseball games, late night swims, running outside, daily park visits and overall ease of life that you bring to us. I guess the calendar is forcing us to move on. Will you stay a little longer please? At least long enough to bleach our hair again.

4 comments:

annie said...

Lisa- you hot mama!! Your boys are darling and i loved your 'ode to summer' post. so i met your cute friend moanna (sp?) on the bus on the way up to run the Top of Utah half marathon!! She is a doll. She said "Lisa is one of my favorite people." I feel the same. sure love ya.

CJ said...

First- do you call them bag packs? Second- I can't believe he cut Leo's hair! and Third- we can go to therapy together cause I am so glad Cali was born two week later than the cut off.
and last- what hair blogs are you looking at cause we are living a double life!

Christy said...

Lisa, your hair is darling! I love the braid look but can't seem to do it myself! What blogs are you looking at?? I would love to learn how to do that.You look so good. And little Leo is such a cutie! All your boys are!

Lori said...

I know the feeling of my kids having really short hair . . . oh wait, i have girls!!! Way to hold off on kinder, it will come sooner than later! Loves