Keith and Lisa. Benson.Griffin.Leo.Mack

Keith and Lisa.  Benson.Griffin.Leo.Mack

October 26, 2010

Come on Halloween!

Isn't my husband so cute? Here we are eating ourselves to death on a date from this last weekend. I was showing him how cool I am that I brought my camera with us and that it was stored in its beautiful new case. Keith bought me a pink camera. Ever heard the story of my only bad experience of sharing a birthday with my older sister? My parents have it on video I think. I open my presents that consists mainly of underwear and a new slip to wear to church, and Wendy opens a hot pink Barbie camera. I then proceed to have a nervous breakdown and run upstairs. I even remember this birthday. It was traumatic. Keith said he bought me a pink camera to make up for that terrible experience. Funny huh? Anyway, Keith and I have never been a couple that has a weekly date night, but I swear all we do is go on dates now. I think we are prepping ourselves for the date drought that will inevitably follow after the birth of Baby Boy #3 (if he ever comes out). My kids love getting a babysitter too. They act like total freaks whenever a babysitter comes over.

Keith is a good date. He always opens the door and he generally plans what we do. We went to Magleby's (sooooooooooooo good) for prime rib, crab legs, the works, and then we went and saw The Social Network. We both really liked it and neither one of us have stopped talking about how yummy our dinner was.

Speaking of yummy, I have been making a lot of these lately . . .

Pumpkin cookies are about our only Halloween tradition. I start making them at the beginning of September and generally make a batch a week until Thanksgiving. I always bring them to Keith's work too. Sometimes I add cream cheese frosting. And sometimes all I eat all day long is pumpkin cookies. Yummers.

Last night we started a new Halloween tradition by carving our first pumpkins as a family. I know we are totally lame, we have been married for over six years and just barely carved our first pumpkins. Our kids would have absolutely nothing to do with touching the goo on the inside, so basically Keith carved pumpkins with our dull kitchen knives and the boys and I watched and told him what to do.

Here is Griffin getting an engineering description from Dad on why you should allow wax to drip into the bottom of the pumpkin.
They both wanted "smiley faced" pumpkins, not spooky ones.
I don't think Keith did this on purpose, but don't the pumpkin faces resemble their owners? Like Benson's pumpkin looks like Benson and Griffin's looks like Griffin?

So proud of their glowing pumpkins!
Also, if you live close by I strongly recommend you stop by our house. Keith insists on buying HUGE candy to give out to the trick or treaters. I hope I don't eat it all by Saturday.

Baby Update: I am at an "almost 3" and feeling completely miserable. Any guesses as to when baby will come? Halloween? We shall see.

5 comments:

Mary McBride said...

I think you and Keith carved pumpkins at my house when you were living at Chambers. You really should buy the kits at the store. The saws in those things are awesome. They make it easy enough that the kids can do it. How fun. We didn't carve this year because Libby started puking. We will try again next year.

Jake said...

I agree with Mary on the kits. They come with little knives in them and they are way easier to carve the pumpkins with than your kitchen knives and they are only like $4. We usually don't carve our pumpkins until the night before Halloween. I love your recap of your horrible birthday, you did get other things for that birthday, you just happened to open the crappy present first. LOL! I'm glad you got a new camera.

Jessie Eyre said...

Huge candy? We're there.

Unless you're in the hospital. Then we are THERE.

We'd love to bring you by some poop cookies when that baby is there! Make sure you let us know!!! :)

Sunny said...

your little boys are so cute!! hope the baby comes soon. glad you can get in some dates before the nino comes. those are always helpful in life ;)

Merced said...

You make me laugh! Love your sexy new mommy ride and the pumpkin faces. I hope everything goes well for ya this next week. I'll be thinking of you:)