Keith and Lisa. Benson.Griffin.Leo.Mack

Keith and Lisa.  Benson.Griffin.Leo.Mack

October 7, 2010

Baby Baby

For those of you who are interested . . .

Yesterday I had my first appointment where I was "checked." I am at a 2. Yikes. I am only 35 weeks.

I was up all night with awesome back labor. It finally went away when I took a long bubble bath at 6:30 this morning. Anyone else experience back labor? Any advice? This is new to me.

My hospital bag still isn't packed.

I don't have a diaper bag. Or an outfit picked out for this baby to wear home from the hospital. Or a name. Or anything hung on the walls in the baby's room.

However, I did call all of my backup today to warn them to sleep with their phones and pack a bag. I guess I better pack mine, especially since I am having a contraction as I type this.

Here's to wishing I last a few more weeks . . .

7 comments:

Sunny said...

im pretty sure i had back labor with max cause my back hurt REALLY BAD. wow, that last sentence makes me sound really smart. anyways, heat always seemed to help me. a nice bath would always help me to relax or to go swimming in your heated pool? the heating pads--not so much. i am so your cousin bc i never had anything to go or was never ready. w/ jack i packed my hospital bag after my water broke. you can imagine how prepared i was w/ max. you can do it! you are almost there! i guess jenner is having a lot of contractions and she is not due til end of nov. i hope you make it a few more weeks. could this comment get any longer?

CJ said...

wow that's crazy Lisa, at least you have a jump start on the hard part lol. It's fun to know you still have no name for this little guy, im excited to find out! Sorry you are in pain that sucks.

Jake said...

You know I had back labor with all my kids. Unfortunately I do not have any good remedies to help it. Have your sister who is a massage therapist come give you a pregnancy massage. She did that for me after I went into early labor with Ella and it felt great!

kyle, emily, grace and ava said...

mmm...back pain...yoga. That's always my answer to any pregnancy ailment. :) breathe! take a bath, and then listen to Bill Cosby's skit on natural child birth...actually, don't do that yet, bc maybe you'll laugh so hard your water will break. :)

Christy said...

Back pain is the worst! Sorry to hear that you are in pain. It's been a few days since you wrote this post...and I haven't seen evidence of him arriving yet, so you must still be hanging in there. Well good luck with everything! I can't wait to see pictures and find out what name you came up for him!

Merced said...

I'm sorry about the back pain. Usually when I was that far along, everything hurt. I wish you well these next few days . . . weeks . . . months. Love ya cuz!

Nicole Leavitt said...

Good luck! I can't wait to see pictures of your cute new little man!