Keith and Lisa. Benson.Griffin.Leo.Mack

Keith and Lisa.  Benson.Griffin.Leo.Mack

July 27, 2009

Lazy summer days . . .

So, June was nuts. Crazy, out of control travelling nuts. July has been nothing but outdoor splendor. We swim at least once a day, sometimes twice. We have been enjoying morning walks, picnics at the park, riding our bikes all over the driveway :), family visits, fresh fruit, a potty trained child, and some glorious boat trips. I heart summer. It is my favorite. I will love it even more when Girls Camp is over. Griffin will love it even more, when he is twelve and doesn't have to wear a life jacket while he is on the boat (or if we buy him one that actually allows him to move).

I'm so proud of my sweet little Benson. He has turned into a boating warrior. No wake boarding yet, but he happily moves about the boat and has a grand time.
At least Griffin is still cute.

And takes naps when he is supposed.

And that Benson sure is helpful. He does a great job at the flag (not).

I generally sit on the boat and provide the eye candy and real candy too. This time I took a turn at surfing. The best water sport ever! I am pretty sure I am picking a wedgie in this picture. Nice. I think I look pretty tough. If I was really good, I wouldn't be holding the rope. Maybe someday. I am still so sore I can hardly move. Perhaps this will give me some muscle definition somewhere on my body. I doubt it. :)
And here is Keith in all his wake boarding glory. I always fall in love with him all over again when he wake boards. We went boating on our first date and I loved him then too. I only wish we could go more often, so I could see him wake board everyday.


Gotta love having a lake in your backyard. Even if it is Utah Lake.

6 comments:

Jake said...

Dude I love the boating pictures. We need to come and go with you guys.

Jake said...

You are a super star on the surfing. I am truly impressed. Keith is awesome on the wakeboarding!

Our EyreLife said...

I don't know why I'm so in love with Benson. Man, he's gorgeous. And so is Griff, but I never got to bond with him the same way. :)

We should work on that...Call me?

Merced said...

That looks so fun! I have not been on a boat in ages. Have fun with your little water babies.

Miriam said...

Lisa! I'm so glad I finally got in touch with you. It is so much fun to see all of my Boise buddies with their own little families and so happy! I love it! first of all, I am so jealous of your boat! Really really am. I have so many great memories of nights/days/early mornings on the lake. ...one day...
I totally wish I'd known you're living in Utah and I would have gotten in touch with you when we were there a few weeks ago. My parents live in Sandy now. Next time we're in town, I'll give you a call. We also have a blog donohueclan@blogspot.com. lets keep in touch!

Miriam

The Shaffers said...

Lisa, I am so glad you found my blog. What a beautiful family you have, your boys are so adorable!
Nice pictures, you look like a pro on the surf board! That is so much fun! Looks like you guys are having an awesome summer! Lets keep in touch!