Although I am devastated that a summer month has already slipped away, I am grateful that June is over. It was a crazy month. I am ready for some actual lazy summer days. June was chaos, but terrific chaos at that. We have spent the last week (and month) travelling all around and enjoying the Utah/Idaho beauty. Almost every minute has been filled with extended family, but our little family managed to enjoy a little bit of time together, just us. Here we are at Bridal Veil Falls.
Benson loves Bridal Veil Falls. He always has. We manage to make it there every summer, and we always leave with a soaking wet child. Good thing I have learned my lesson and always pack extra clothes.
Griffin did not enjoy our little trip quite as much as Benson. Apparently the water was too cold for his cute little legs.
But they both enjoyed walking on the trail. Keith and I did too.

Benson ran so fast, we could barely keep up with him.


Ready, set, GO! One of the best things about boys is that they always come running if you say ready, set, go. They just can't resist a good race.

So, if you were wondering why the title of my post makes reference to a nudist colony, you will now learn why. We had a fun family reunion at Bear Lake with Keith and his mother's family. Almost 60 people stayed in one house. Half of those people were children under 10. Zoiks! It was a wonderful reunion, with lots of laughs and noise. We spent two days just relaxing (you know how relaxing watching two small children on the beach is) in the water and sun. Griffin was in heaven. I am still getting sand off of him. It took Benson almost an entire day to convince himself that he wanted to play in the water. Once he decided to get in, he went all out!
No, I didn't let my kids play outside all day naked. I wanted to, but I restrained myself. This was at the end of the day when they were washing off. They loved being naked in the water so much, and I think I loved it more. Look at that cute little sandy bum.
Does it get any better than that?
Griffin was a wild man, like always. Love that kid.

We managed to avoid sunburns (Keith is a giant blister though) because I lathered them up every half hour. We went through an entire bottle of sunscreen in two days. Benson helped my cause by wearing a hat. He had fun kicking the ball around with Grandpa and sitting in every one's camp chair.

We also played lots of games. One night we did a potato sack race with the kids. The smaller children were just supposed to race, but Benson wanted the sack. He loved it.

We also played a game where you had to dig for tickets and then you got to buy toys and candy with the tickets you found. Here is Benson waiting patiently for us to unwrap the candy he won.

We sure had a grand time. We spent the 4th of July in Logan with a bunch of Keith's family. I sure love it there. It is one of my most favorite places in the world. We enjoyed the fireworks up at Aggie Stadium. The last time we did that, we were engaged. It was fun to do it again with our boys. My kids slept through the fireworks, they always do. Benson put on quite the dancing show for everyone sitting around us and fell asleep as the fireworks started. Griffin laid on the ground and cried until he fell asleep and slept the whole time. I always enjoy celebrating Independence Day. Honestly I tear up when we say the pledge and when I hear the anthem of our great nation. What a blessing it is to live in the promised land!

We managed to avoid sunburns (Keith is a giant blister though) because I lathered them up every half hour. We went through an entire bottle of sunscreen in two days. Benson helped my cause by wearing a hat. He had fun kicking the ball around with Grandpa and sitting in every one's camp chair.
We also played lots of games. One night we did a potato sack race with the kids. The smaller children were just supposed to race, but Benson wanted the sack. He loved it.

We also played a game where you had to dig for tickets and then you got to buy toys and candy with the tickets you found. Here is Benson waiting patiently for us to unwrap the candy he won.
We sure had a grand time. We spent the 4th of July in Logan with a bunch of Keith's family. I sure love it there. It is one of my most favorite places in the world. We enjoyed the fireworks up at Aggie Stadium. The last time we did that, we were engaged. It was fun to do it again with our boys. My kids slept through the fireworks, they always do. Benson put on quite the dancing show for everyone sitting around us and fell asleep as the fireworks started. Griffin laid on the ground and cried until he fell asleep and slept the whole time. I always enjoy celebrating Independence Day. Honestly I tear up when we say the pledge and when I hear the anthem of our great nation. What a blessing it is to live in the promised land!


8 comments:
looks like you had a great vacation. man i miss bear lake! we haven't been there forever. We need to go. i love the pictures of the boys rinsing off in the water in their lovely nakedness....haha you sure have some cute kids!
Fun times, I have never been to Bear Lake before. I tear up too, it is in the genes.
That sounds so fun Lisa! We miss you guys, hope that you are having a super fun summer! Bear Lake is so fun, we won't get to go this summer, nor boating, so tell Keith to go wakeboarding for me!:) Hope all is well! Your boys get cuter all the time!
what a fun summer you are having. glad you are enjoying it so much. it's definitely in the genes because i cry too and i am 150% positive i get it from my father.
Awesome Lisa glad you are making the most of the summer. Miss you guys!
I miss your guts! What you plannin for July? Anything special? I don't know when we'll be back to Utah.. it could be a couple more months. But hopefully I'll be back for another visit, unless my mom comes! :) Well I hope that all is well, Marcus says hello! Tell Keith we say hi!
Your boys have such cute bums! :) I love little kids at the beach, sandy and sunny, love it. You all should totally come on up to Raft Tiver and play. They have people there like everyday all summer, but just tell them you're family and they'll roll out the red carpet! :)
What! You were in Logan!!! I Would have loved to see you!
Post a Comment