This past weekend was our Annual Poulsen Girls Shopping Trip in Park City. Yes, I capitalized it because it is a monumental event and something I look forward to all year. We generally do this in late fall and buy clothes for the winter, but since we haven't had a trip in two years (Mari got married one year and I was extremely pregnant last year) , my mom decided we better do one in the Spring and we all agreed. So the Boise gals drove down to Utah and we met up in my swagger wagon to drive to PC to do some damage at the outlets. Leo joined our excursion this year, I don't think any of the girls minded. He is pretty awesome.

The first night we shopped the "upper shops," well, basically we spent like 10 hours in Banana Republic. We laughed a lot. For the record, I did not buy the hat I am wearing in this picture.

I almost bought this one though.

My sister Meesh is so hot.

Meesh's goal on the trip was to buy items she wouldn't normally buy and also not to spend more than $10.00 on any item. She succeeded. She bought one shirt with jewelry drawn on it (a necklace). Hilarious. She did not purchase this awesome shirt though, I don't know why. Truth is she could buy ANYTHING and look good in it, it's pretty disgusting really.

After shopping, we headed to Cisero's on Main Street. It is a delicious Italian restaurant. We all order something different, eat it for two minutes and then pass our plates so we all get a taste of everything. We have been doing this for years. Here is Garth, I mean me, enjoying the pear salad. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Wendy really liked the ravioli. She sure eats like a pig don't you think?

Meesh and Marianne enjoying the Cizookie. It's a giant cookie with ice cream and it's delicious.

Ooops. How did this picture get in here twice?

Grandma feeding Baby Leo some whipped cream. Oh man, I could eat that kid up.

The best part about this restaurant is it is almost always empty so you can be as loud as you want. Always you get to write on the tablecloths. And, there is a club downstairs so you get to eat dinner to the base thumping! Ye-ya!!

Mari has the hook-up with sweet houses in PC, so we stayed in a ginormous house that had sweet pink carpet. The best part was the hottub. Wen, Meesh, and I even ventured out into the snow and back in the tub. It was freezing and treacherous, but we are just cool like that.

I figured out how to work my self timer and we had fun taking pictures with it. I am one lucky gal to have so many great women in my life.

See the pink carpet? Here we are getting ready for day two of shopping. We shopped all day and got some killer deals. I may or may not have ended up with the most bags at the end of the day?! Hey, I just had a baby and need some non-maternity clothes. We also hit up Cafe Rio for lunch.

Yay for Girls Trips! Aside from Meesh's stupid phone not being able to sync with the Bluetooth in my van (she had the soundtrack downloaded for the weekend), the weekend was a giant success. Plus I didn't even wet my pants this time, so that was good. I love my sisters. And my momma too.
6 comments:
You are in so much trouble for posting that picture not only once but TWICE!!!! Love the recap of the shopping trip, brought back some great memories and laughs, especially the one about us venturing out in the snow after sitting in the hot tub. We are cool like that....haha. Miss your guts, will you come visit already? How bout you come back home with us after Zach's wedding? Pretty please.
What a fun tradition! I have always loved all of you girls! And yea for good shopping! :)
Sisters and moms are the best! I had to miss my girls' trip this year and was so sad :( Looks like you girls had tons of fun - so jealous!!!
Look at your long hair! Its so pretty! And so are your sisters! How fun. I never had sisters so I am full of envy.....
Looks like once again, you are enjoying life. Love the picture of Wendy, you are an awesome sister :). Loves
You are all so hilarious! Looks like you had a great time. I keep seeing on my friends blogs doing girls weekends with their Mom and sisters....We really need to implement this tradition in my family ASAP! Your boys are adorable too by the way! :)
Post a Comment