Keith and Lisa. Benson.Griffin.Leo.Mack

Keith and Lisa.  Benson.Griffin.Leo.Mack

February 15, 2011

Lovers Day!

Not really in the blogging mood lately . . . (photo by Benson)
But I did have a good Valemtine's Day (as my kids would say, don't you love the way kids switch around m and n? . . . like when Benson dances and says, "Hey, do you like my noves?" instead of moves) Anyway . . . Benson made us some Valentines in Primary that told his dad and I how much he loves us. He thanked his dad for playing sports with him and drew a picture of them, you guessed it, playing sports. He thanked me for teaching him how to pray and drew a picture of us hugging. Truth be told, I am pretty sure his primary teacher drew the pictures.

Griffin spent Valemtine's Day on the toilet. He has been awesomely sick for the past week with a very stuffy nose and decided to add what he affectionately calls 'Gribbey's toots' to the mix this weekend while my parents were here. The best part about a sick Griff is a snuggly Griff. All he wants to do is hug when he is sick and I love it.

I always say that every day is Valentine's Day around here. We never have a shortage of chocolate treats and I love you's. I am assuming that will change when I have three large smelly teenage boys in ten years. Yikes.

I spent Love Day doing the same thing I always do, cooing and cuddling my latest creation . . .
My favorite thing to tell people is, "Come and hold my baby. I promise he will heal your heart." Seriously, feeling sad? That offer stands to anyone. Leo is a magic baby. He could make anyone feel good.

We went grocery shopping as a family for Heart's Day. We always go grocery shopping as a whole family, Keith loves to shop . . . probably his best quality. :) We let the kids buy whatever they wanted, oh wait, we always let them do that. I guess in order for holidays to be special, I should make all the other days of the year less exciting . . . I think I will keep it the way it is now.

By the way . . . Keith and I plan to celebrate alone this weekend with tickets to the symphony, aka my favorite thing ever, Adult Prom!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Poor sick Griffy! Is he feeling better! I laughed out loud (for reals) when I just read this about him! Leo is such a doll!

PS- you have my all time favorite photo up as your blog header!!!!

jessica.pope said...

Hey Lisa,
I just love reading your blog! Your family is too precious and little Leo, I know, would melt and THEN heal my heart. Thanks for sharing your sweet family and your great sense of humor. :)

Jessica Pope

Jake said...

I hope you have so much fun at adult prom with your hubby this weekend. Hopefully the kids will have fun with Aunt Mari and Uncle Garret.