Keith and Lisa. Benson.Griffin.Leo.Mack

Keith and Lisa.  Benson.Griffin.Leo.Mack

December 29, 2010

Mary

Warning: If you have a baby near Christmastime, someone will inevitably ask you to play Mary and Joseph and Baby Jesus (even if you have blond hair).

Yes, Keith and I were "lucky" enough to get to play Mary and Joseph with baby Leo as Jesus at our RS Christmas party this year. We live in somewhat of a retirement village and were chosen by default. I think only two babies were born in our ward this year. . . the other one is eight months old.

Even though I found this task kind of embarrassing, it was a blessing and testimony building. I have always said that Mary is my hero, especially since having babies of my own. Having children has strengthened my relationship with my Savior and Heavenly Father. I actually quite enjoy the birthing process (probably because I get epidurals) because in my time of need, I always feel the comfort of the Savior and Heavenly Father. I can only imagine the strength that Mary received after traveling for 100 miles on a donkey and giving birth to the Savior in a stable. I know she had comfort. I know she was not alone.

Trials allow us the opportunity to rely on Heavenly Father. In our time of need, we are never abandoned.
And I must say Baby Leo played a very cute Baby Jesus. Do you think they had binkies back then?

No comments: