Keith and Lisa. Benson.Griffin.Leo.Mack

Keith and Lisa.  Benson.Griffin.Leo.Mack

June 4, 2009

An almost anniversary

I have spent the last little while on a little journey down Memory Ln. As a mom, we all know what a mistake this can be. It is never good for me to look at baby pictures because I can't stop. Also, it makes me want a newborn baby really bad. Anyway . . . part of the reason for my journey is that Griffin is reaching the age that Benson was when Griffin was born. Did anyone get that? Benson was 17 months and three days old when Griffin was born. Griffin will be 17 months and three days old in about a week. Get it? Ok, moving on. Honestly, it completely cracks me up that I was having a baby when I had a 17 month old. I must have been out of mind, although I would not trade it for anything. Especially now that they are a little older and are two little peas in a pod. They are the best of friends, and that was the plan. I wanted them to be close in age and close friends for life. In my life, there is nothing better than my siblings (particularly my dear sis Wendy who is exactly two years older than me) because we are all such good friends. Somehow, Griffin seems so much more like a baby than Benson did when I brought Griffin home . . . but I know that all has to do with my state of my mind. Griffin is getting older and bigger by the second (he even got out of his crib last night, something Benson would have never tried) and is turning into a big boy and leaving his baby ways behind. Hopefully I can keep my baby hunger fed by looking at pictures of my big boys when they were babies and enjoy this stage of my life a little longer. Seriously . . . we are having so much fun, learning, growing, laughing (and sometimes crying) each day. These little boys are the best.


Here is Benson meeting Griffin for the first time at the hospital. Griff has already grown out of the shirt that Benson is wearing in this picture.
Here they are in matching winter jammies. I remember thinking Benson's head looked really big compared to Griffin's. I kept saying "Why didn't anyone tell me my kid had a big head?"

I think they look like conjoined twins in this picture. :) The best thing about having two kids that are the same gender = matching outfits.


And here they are now. They are both in "time out" in this picture. Benson wasn't even in trouble, but he couldn't bear Griffin sitting there alone, so he joined in.


Look at those blue eyes. They really are best buddies.




And they love to splash each other in the tub (p.s. I let me kids drink chocolate milk in the bath sometimes).


Sometimes they sit in this chair and just giggle at each other.


What a blessing two boys can be!

6 comments:

Elana Johnson said...

So cute! And they look so OLD!

Sunny said...

soo cute. and i am glad your plan worked out so well, and they are the best of friends. it makes we want to sing that song from the fox and the hound.

the winn-ers said...

Your boys are cute! We miss you! Mason is getting so big. Guess what i have a flight home for a quick visit, if i can fit everyone in a week i'd love to see you guys!

CJ said...

Well lisa if you want to barrow lexi for a while she is all yours! lol we could use the brake. The boys are so cute! I didn't realize how different they look till I seen the pictures.

Our EyreLife said...

You give me such hope. I'm stoked that I'll have two boys but the thought of having two KIDS freaks the living #@&% out of me!

Posts like this make me feel less overwhelmed. And man, that Benson. He's adorable. So is minikeith but I'm afraid if I say that you'll think I'm hitting on Keith....

Jenner said...

love those blue eyes! that con-joined picture is funny!